PS Audio Introduces StellarGold Preamplifier and DAC. The New high-end StellarGold Series components combine technological innovation with superb sound and unmatched ease of use —
Boulder, Colorado, December 18, 2023 – In a significant expansion of its acclaimed Stellar Series lineup, PS Audio today announced the introduction of its StellarGold preamplifier and StellarGold DAC. The two new high-end audio components incorporate a host of PS Audio’s latest technological innovations, along with exceptional sound quality, flexible configuration options, and user-friendly remote-control operation.
Paul McGowan, PS Audio CEO noted, “Our Stellar Series components have always delivered outstanding performance at price points that represent real value. The new StellarGold preamplifier and DAC take this design philosophy to a higher level than ever before.”
Like all Stellar Series components, the StellarGold preamplifier (SRP: $3,999) has a sleek, appealing design, with a new twist – both the preamp and StellarGold DAC feature a new real-gold-plated accent line across the front panel. Available in silver or black, the StellarGold preamplifier is a flexible audio system control center with multiple balanced and single-ended inputs and outputs, all accessible via the preamp’s front panel menu system and included remote control.
Designed by renowned engineer Darren Myers, the preamp is fully balanced from input to output and utilizes pure Class A analog amplification. The StellarGold preamp employs high-slew-rate, high-bandwidth JFET and BJT devices along with hand-selected internal components, and its two discrete audio amplification stages are based on a minimal global feedback design.
The high-current Class A output stage can drive long cable lengths with ease. Great care and attention have been paid to the preamp’s power supply design, with an oversized transformer, multiple stage regulation, and other refinements.
The StellarGold preamplifier combines extraordinary resolution, tonal accuracy, spatiality, and dynamic impact with flexible operation. It adjusts volume and balance via precision stepped attenuation, and also provides control of input selection, input naming, IR control, and other functions.
The PS Audio StellarGold DAC (SRP: $3,999) incorporates a host of technological advancements to provide remarkable fidelity and musical realism from digital sources. Each channel is built by paralleling four high-resolution digital-to-analog converters, then feeding their combined output into a newly designed discrete Class A analog output stage.
The use of multiple DACs to form a single ultra-linear channel provides the advantages of lowering noise and channel crosstalk while increasing linearity, dynamic range, and resolution beyond what any single-DAC technology can achieve. The proof is in the listening.
The StellarGold DAC provides multiple I2S and coaxial digital inputs, plus USB and optical inputs, and balanced and single-ended outputs. Its built-in lossless volume control enables it to be used as a standalone preamplifier. The DAC is compatible with PCM to 768 kHz and DSD to 256 (11.2 MHz). The DAC provides user-selectable digital filters to enable sonic tailoring to the listener’s preferences.
The PS Audio StellarGold preamplifier and DAC are currently available at a US manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $3,999 each.
StellarGold Preamplifier Features at a Glance:
- Class A pure analog amplification with high slew rate amplification stage
- Fully balanced from input to output
- JFET and BJT discrete architecture
- 2 pairs of balanced and single-ended inputs and outputs
- Volume and balance control via precision stepped attenuation
- Firmware-upgradeable via USB port
- Frequency response: 15 Hz – 150 kHz, +/- 0.1 dB
- Remote control or front-panel operation; The remote can be used to operate other PS Audio components
- Available in silver or black
- Dimensions: 17″ wide by 3.3″ high by 13″ deep, weight: 24.1 lbs.
StellarGold DAC Features at a Glance:
- Four parallel DACs per channel for exceptional sound quality
- Designed around ESS 9038 Pro technology
- Fully balanced design
- High slew rate, low feedback, Class A output stage
- Compatible with PCM 16- and 24-bit from 44.1 kHz to 768 kHz, DoP64 to DoP256, and DSD 64 to 256 (depending on input)
- Adjustable volume control allows use as a standalone preamp
- User-selectable digital filters
- Available in silver or black
- Dimensions: 17″ wide by 3″ high by 12″ deep, weight: 22.5 lbs.
WHERE the MUSIC BEAT meets the AUDIOPHILE ELITE !
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.